Green architecture, or green design, is an approach to building that minimises harmful effects on human health and the environment.
As the importance of sustainability becomes ever clearer, green design has exploded in popularity. It’s becoming a hallmark of success in many parts of the world, and is already a strict requirement in others.
At Verdant Apartments, we embrace green design wholeheartedly. In the interest of spreading this movement in Perth, Verdant is setting a new standard for clever, energy efficient living combined with ground-breaking sustainable design elements.
Read on to learn how Verdant Apartments takes sustainability into account, and why living here might make the grass greener - and not just on your side of the fence.
Sustainable Building Design
The architectural and design elements of Verdant Apartments are some the biggest drivers of sustainability in the building. Simply put, green is designed right into the bricks and mortar.
- Optimised building orientation and intelligent apartment design maximise exposure to natural light and ventilation.
- Lobbies and corridors are fitted with mechanically operated glass louvres. The louvres leverage air and light to reduce energy used on cooling, heating and lighting.
- The entire building features the use of low volatile organic compound (VOC) finishes.
Water Wise and Energy Smart
At Verdant, we have taken care to make sure the building and its residents can use water and energy as efficiently as possible. Preserving earth’s natural beauty, driving progressive living habits, and minimising utility expenses are just a few benefits of the following features:
- Solar panels providing renewable energy to the building.
- Solar boosted central gas hot water plant servicing all apartments.
- Low energy fluorescent and LED light fittings throughout the building.
- Low flow water fittings and fixtures with high WELS ratings.
- Optional home intelligence systems to monitor energy usage.
The Green Wall
One outstanding feature displaying the Verdant ethos of incorporating nature and striking architecture, is the incredible 3-storey green wall.
The green wall is a huge expanse of living greenery that adds aesthetic beauty, and of course, the ecological, physical and psychological benefits of living with nature.
- Reduced noise levels in building
- Extra insulation
- Improved air quality
- Proven physical & mental benefits
Green Bonus Features
Who said living green had to be difficult? For all those lucky enough to live here, we’ll be providing a few extra amenities that make sustainable living easier - and more fun.
- Two electric cars for resident use
- Bicycles for resident use
- Spacious West-Facing Al Frescos and Balconies
- Generous open-air spaces for public use
Want to Know More?
What we’ve covered just now are only a few of the sustainable features at Verdant Apartments. If you’re curious to know more about how the building works - or what living here might be like - we’re always happy to share.
NOTE: If you’re interested in living here, you may need to hurry. Verdant is over 70% sold, so not many units remain.